Friday, October 21, 2011

Do Not Afraid of Trying

Hi reader!

I'm about to share my experienced when I try something new. Firstly, I love English and singing. Since I was in primary school I always try to be a good story teller. I know my ability, but during my first shot, I don't really memorize the story but I stand out on the stage, and tell them only until the part that I remember. At that time, fear was all over me.

When I was in Form 1, I went for debate competition among class. I and another two of my friend represent our class. Actually, I don't know how the debate is, how should we speak? I know nothing about debating. Then, I asked my friend, Regina to translate my script into English. During my turn, I don't know what I'm talking about. I just read out the script that she had written for me.

That one was my first trial. Second trial will be another two weeks from now. I already asked Nimmy and Nicole, who are really good in English and especially debate. My father also helps me on preparing the script. Another important thing in debate is POI (point of information). When the speaker is delivering the speech, we must POI to get marks. When there's POI, it would be terrific.

Next is singing. Last Thursday,(20 oct 2011), the teachers make a Glee Concert for Form 3 students. Every class must send at least one representative. So, I went for that concert. All my friends asked me to participate. So, I try. I'm very scared. When the songs start, my voice shivers. I make my friends disappoint. That was my first trial. Next year I'll try again. I can speak on stage, I can deliver anything on stage but not singing.

Next time , I'll conquer my fear. One of the habits of high achiever is to conquer your fear. My father said that we must empty our mind when we are on stage. Do not think too much about how is it going to happen.

So, conquer your fear and please do not be afraid to try something new. You can plan but do make your way. Only you can change yourself . Build your confident and be brave. With that I thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment